Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blog Directories

When I first created my blog, one of the first things I did was submit my blog to some blog directories. These are basically just sites that list tons of blogs, usually by topic. I guess you could receive a few visitors this way, but the main purpose of submitting your sites is to get some links pointing back to your blog. This can help get your Pagerank up, and help get you indexed by search engines.

Here are the blog directories that I'm signed up for:

Internet Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog DirectoryBlogarama - The Blog DirectoryBlog Directory & Search engine
Top Blogs
Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directoryBlog Flux Directory
Blog DirectoryBlog Directory

If you're interested in submitting your blog to some directories, you might want to give some of these a shot. It can't hurt.

By the way...some directories might cost money to join. I'd forget about those. Could they help your pagerank? Eh...Maybe. But it's probably not worth it.

No comments: