Thursday, November 1, 2007

FTP Publishing Programs

I've been transferring a bunch of files to my website, recently, and I realized that I needed a good FTP client. I had been using the web-based transfer program in cpanel, but it just takes too long when you have a bunch of files. So I did some research, and found 2 great free FTP programs for you guys.

The first is SmartFTP. It's free for non-commercial use. It has a very pretty interface, and is pretty easy to use. The one annoying part is that it has a splash screen that pops up, and forces you to click OK before the program starts.

The other is FileZilla. It's open source, and although it's not very graphically pretty, it's still easy to use.

Which would I recommend? If you need a pretty interface, go with SmartFTP. Otherwise, I think FileZilla does a great job, and it gets my recommendation. But you can't go wrong with either one.

No comments: