Wednesday, December 5, 2007

ThinkFree - View/Create/Edit MS Office 2007 Documents Online

I was in a bit of a predicament the other day. I had an Office 2007 Word document on my computer, which I needed to edit, but I didn't have Office 2007 on that computer. And, unfortunately, OpenOffice doesn't work with Office 2007 documents. ThinkFree.com came to the rescue.

This is a site that claims to be the online alternative for Microsoft Office 2007. It has Word, Excel, and Powerpoint editors, that let you create and edit files of those types. You get 1 GB of free online storage, and the ability to share your documents with whoever you want.

As of now, it's still in beta, and understandably has a few bugs. But if you need to view or edit Office 2007 documents, and don't want to go out and buy it, give ThinkFree a look.

No comments: