Saturday, December 29, 2007

Affiliate Marketing

So I'm looking into a new way to make money with my blog: Affiliate Marketing. Basically, companies pay you to refer customers to them. People click on links from your site, which contains a special code that lets them know who referred the customer to them. If the customer buys something, you get paid. Sometimes you get a percentage of the sale, like 5%, or a fixed amount of cash per customer that you refer, like $5. A lot of popular sites have these kinds of referral programs, like Amazon, eBay, and Google.

I recently just signed up with a site called Commission Junction, which allows you to easily sign up and apply for many affiliate programs. I got accepted by eBay, and you my ad for them under the sponsored section on the right hand side of my blog.

Simple techniques like including affilate links in product reviews on your blog can be very beneficial. It provides an easy link to the product for readers, and if they purchase it, you'll make a few bucks.

I'll keep you posted as to how well I earn any money using this approach, and let you know if there are any programs that I recommend.

No comments: